- Monday, July 3, 2023 - 11:00 to 12:30
Sustainability is an essential tool in the mission to achieve the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. The potential for incorporating sustainability across an organisation is huge, and sustainability-oriented investing continues to produce powerful results in social, environmental, and economic progress.
The Open University Business School brought together academic, business and voluntary sector stakeholders in a webinar, to discuss the role of sustainability in public, private and voluntary sector organisations, and why investing in sustainability is key to an organisation's growth:
- Liz Moody (Moderator), Director of Executive Education at Open University Business School.
- Christopher Mahon, CFA, Fund manager at Columbia Threadneedle and Visiting Fellow at Open University Business School
- Dr Helen Britton, educational practitioner, researcher, entrepreneur, Visiting Fellow at Centre for Voluntary Sector Leadership at Open University Business School.
- Dr Anja Schaefer, Senior Lecturer in Management and Sustainability Lead for Open University Business School.
The panel of experts discussed some of the most pressing questions for business schools, capital markets and the voluntary sector including:
- What is sustainability and why is it important?
- How do organisations incorporate sustainability into their strategies and practices?
- What role do business schools play in furthering sustainability?
- What are the sustainability challenges that are still in place, and what needs to be done moving forwards?
Watch the recording