Items in your User Area
If there are items in your User Area that you have begun work on in the past but not yet deposited, these will be shown in yellow. The icons to the right of these items allow you to Update an Item; Remove an Item; Edit an Item or Deposit an Item.
- Selecting Update an Item or Edit an Item will take you to the 'Item Work Area' where you can make further changes before uploading it to ORO
- Selecting Deposit an Item will take you to a page where you can Deposit Item Now and push it to the review area where it will be checked by library staff before being made live
- Selecting Remove an Item will give you the option to remove an item from the system
Items in your Work Area
You can use the tabs along the top to navigate to different pages connected to your item. The useful tabs are:
- Details: allows you to edit the metadata of the record and upload a file
- Preview: produces a preview of how the item will look on ORO
- Actions: gives you the option to deposit the item, create a new version based on a template, edit the item, or remove the item
In the user work area you can add or edit details of the publication and upload a file which can be made Open Access. See Guidance on How to add an item to Open Research Online
Items in the Live Repository
You can amend live items by clicking the "Submit Changes (Authors/Depositor only)" button found on any live ORO item page. This functionality is available to any co-author or depositor of the ORO item.
This allows you to update any details or add full text to records already live, this may be especially useful if you did not upload the item yourself.
- Select "Submit Changes (Authors/Depositor only)"
- Select “Continue” this creates a copy for you to update any information you wish to or upload a file to the record
- On completion of the edit press "Save and Return"
- Finally deposit the item in a 2 stage process: Click “Deposit item” and then “Deposit item now”
- Any metadata only changes will be immediate pending system re-indexing. Any files uploaded will be checked by a member of the library team