Electric Vehicle charging facilities
The OU run an electric vehicle membership scheme which is a not for profit, not for loss facility.
To find out more information and compare the best electric cars, visit Carwow’s website - https://www.carwow.co.uk/electric-cars, also see this Beginner's Guide to help you get started.
Benefits of Electric Cars
- Fewer greenhouse gases and air pollutants contributing to improving air quality
- Could be powered with renewable resources like solar, wind, and waterpower
- Reduces noise pollution
- Great value over the long term – cheaper, fewer maintenance costs, tax incentives and government grants
- Free parking in many local authorities
- Take advantage of the exemption of the Congestion Charge and Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) in London
- See the best energy providers for EV owners with Carwow, visit here
Charging your Electric Car
|Charging at home
|Charging at a public charging point
You can charge at home, using your own charger which means you don’t have to rely so much on public charging points.
You can visit OVO Energy who provide a guide to charging at home, the costs and installation.
Using public charging posts are easily accessed across the UK in supermarkets, car parks, hotels, service stations, just to name a few.
You can visit Carwow who have an EV charging point finder for the UK.
Please follow the tabs to the right for information on charging for OU Staff and Visitors at Walton Hall.
Discover Electric Vehicles Webinar
You can watch the event by clicking below on the link:
SmartGo expert presenters are based at the EV Experience Centre in Milton Keynes which provides free and impartial advice for those considering an electric vehicle. You can find out more HERE
Those that live locally to Milton Keynes can also take advantage of their long-term test-drive offers once Covid restrictions allow and see whether an EV is right for you.
If you have further questions, kindly get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is some interesting information from news articles on electric vehicles.
Visit the BBC news article - How easy is it to drive across Wales in an electric car?
Visit the BBC news article - Electric Cars: What will happen to the dead batteries?
Visit the BBC news article - Electric Car Rapid Charging Costs Soar, says RAC